Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The reasons why...



The reasons why...

I have been making amigurumi for three years now. 

The first time I ever tried it, it was on a whim and even though I still make other items, like hats, scarves, jewelry, I really think I found my "thing". 

I love making amigurumi. I love giving a little monster/ami life. And getting to decide what their expression will be. Then I LOVE to see a little one fall in love with the creature as much as I did. That is actually the best part. Because I make these for a reason, and no it's not to sell them and make lots of money, because honestly is that going to happen? The reasons I make these little creations is to bring joy to a little one but with something that is going to last. It can be washed, it can be loved, and maybe even one day it can be passed on to their little one. Also, we rescue dogs, and the money from the sale of these little friends goes to the vet bills, food, and other things they may need. Every little bit helps to keep them healthy and happy. And we appreciate any help we can get.
 
I make all of these creations by hand. I spend hours and hours crocheting them, picking yarn and stuffing them, so they are just right. I make sure that I purchase the stuffing made out of silk, so that it's safer and softer for your little one. Each ami is special and unique. I try to give them each their own personality, so that they will find their unique and special little to love them.
 
A little about me....
 
I am 37 years old, soon to be (too soon) 38. I married my high school sweetheart when I was 20 years old. We have two children together, and six dogs. I am an avid crafter, and I used to make ceramics but how many ceramics can one person have? And then you have to dust them, well that was short lived. So I started scrapbooking shortly after the death of my ceramic hobby, due to my best friend. She asked me just to try it and then she would stop bugging me. Well needless to say, I never looked back. I have been scrapbooking for 14 years now and I still love it. There is so much that you can do with that hobby. Then I started crocheting. I first just did it to make a blanket because we didn't have enough blankets in the house, and I don't like to turn up the heat. But then I saw this book in the library about amigurumi and I just had to try it. And again, I found something that I love and I can't imagine ever stopping. There is just so much to do, and so many ways to grow your talent.
 
Well, that is enough of my ramblings for today. I have two little friends that will be making an appearance soon. Keep your eyes open, they are new and amazing and created by ME!!!!
 
Have a wonderful day and a
Happy Thanksgiving.
 
Much love.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment